A couple of months ago, I threw out some random and basic facts about Christmas for you all to enjoy, and today you can learn some random things about me. Enjoy!
1. I'm 13 years old.
2. I was born on February 12th.
3. My favorite color is orange.
4. I love the movie Hachi.
5. I am a Christian.
6. I love writing novels, poetry, and haiku.
7. I like listening to Christian music.
8. I am a speed reader! I can read a large novel in a day sometimes! I enjoy the Warriors series (they're a little 300 pages per book) and they're my favorite books. I read all 24 books three years ago! I started over about a couple months ago and read the first 15 books but then stopped for some reason.
9. I obviously love animals.
10. Dogs are obviously my favorite animals.
11. Bloodhounds, Dachshunds, and Pharaoh Hounds are my favorite breeds, but Christmas is my favorite dog that has ever lived. He is my heart dog, and I know there will never be another dog like him. Our relationship is strong and Chris is super attached to me!
12. I show Chris at dog shows.
13. When it comes to my own pets, not just family pets, I have one dog (Christmas), 3 hermit crabs (Lola, Brigadier, and Harley), and 9 land snails (Drifter, Rocky, Weekend, Moon, August, Jacob, Jewel, Gemma, and Linus). That was a mouthful!
14. I pet sit and do dog walking in my neighborhood.
15. I hope to be very involved with pet rescue and fostering animals when I'm an adult.
16. I also hope to breed show quality and pet quality Bloodhounds when I'm an adult.
17. I am SEVERELY terrified of daddy long legs. I'm creeped out just thinking of them.
18. I know pretty much every dog in my neighborhood! Every time a dog walks past our house, I can tell you the name, breed of the dog, and something interesting about the dog that I've learned from meeting it on a walk.
19. I am in 8th grade. (I should have put this in the beginning, but I don't want to change all the numbers now!)
20. I am homeschooled.
21. My favorite subject is English.
22. I like memorizing parts of the breed standards of my favorite breeds.
23. Once or twice a year when a big dog show is televised (Westminster, anyone?) I know the registered names of most of the dogs and try to predict who will win each group based off their statistics.
24. I like wearing hats. My favorite hat is probably a pink cap with a Dachshund on it I got for my birthday.
25. I want to live in Memphis, Tennessee one day for some reason I am not aware of.
26. I like unique names more than traditional names. (No, I did not name Christmas! His breeder did. If Chris didn't have a name when I got him I'd probably call him Jasper!)
27. I never wear matching socks. Never.
28. I was born in Florida.
29. My favorite book character is a cat named Jayfeather from the Warriors series.
30. My favorite season is autumn.
31. Petsmart is my favorite store! I can't go through Petsmart without being tempted to buy a collar, leash, or a new type of treat for Christmas, or something tasty for my beloved hermit crabs. Though that might not be true for most kids my age, that's fun for me!
32. I am exactly 4945 days old. Random, but true.
33. When I'm an adult, I want to live on a farm with plenty of dogs, a cat or two, and a horse. I really love horses, even though I rarely get to interact with them!
34. I've run out of facts.
I hope you enjoyed learning some basic, weird, and random things about me!
Chris' Care Tip #13: It might be tempting sometimes, but even if you're an experienced pet owner, it's not a good idea to impulsively take home a new furry or feathered family member. Take some time to think about it and decide what you should do now after making the decision.